A Woman Plastic Surgeon Logo
Cynthia Mizgala MD FACS

Schedule Your Consultation: 504.885.4515 - Send E-Mail

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Member - American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Member - American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
A Woman Plastic Surgeon Logo

 (504) 885-4515          Send An E-mail

Questions and Answers

What can I do about upper abdominal laxity after 2 children?

This post originally appeared on Realself.com.

I work out, eat healthy do most everything I'm supposed to but after my 2nd child I can't seems to get the skin on my upper abdomen to tighten up. My breasts got so engorged with my last pregnancy and since they shrunk I am left with loose skin and what seems like excess fat on my rib cage. I've been told I'm not a candidate for coolsculpting or laser lipo, what else can I do? Thanks in advance!

Loose upper abdominal tissue
Great question! I agree you are not a candidate for coolsculpting or laser lipo. From your pictures you are a perfect candidate for a full tummy tuck. A tummy tuck will help tighten the upper abdominal skin. You look like you are in great shape so the tummy tuck will help you get the tummy you are working so hard to achieve. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Stay Connected

Receive our event invitations, special deals, and latest news on your favorite social network or e-mail inbox.

Sign Up For The Latest News